Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm On A Roll!!


Wow, I'm on a roll! Another card already...and not waiting until the last minute even. Here is the Father's Day card that all 4 of our "fathers" will be getting this year. What do you think of my photography? Is it horrible? I am using a point and shoot so I know that is one disadvantage. I took the above pic in direct sunlight. The detail pic below is indirect. Well, I will keep experimenting until I figure it out. Maybe eventually I will set up some kind of special area with lights if I keep blogging regularly.



I used the Silhouette to cut the star and create the sentiment banner strip. I used the print and cut feature, so easy! I also busted out the sew mini and stitched on the woodgrain paper with red thread to tie the red star into the design. I used the Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 4 die to cut the mat out of cork paper. I have had that cork paper for at least 5 years. Isn't it funny how you can hang on to something for so long and then all of a sudden you finally find a use for it? Makes a good case for hoarding, ha ha! Also used on this card: cardstock - SU; patterned paper - My Mind's Eye, Echo Park and Cosmo Cricket; ink - antique linen distress ink by Tim Holtz; cork paper - unknown.

I have big plans to create a 8.5x11 birthday scrapbook page insert for Project Life, so hopefully I will be back soon!

Have a great day!

~Melissa
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

itsallrosi said...

Hi Melissa, you won the stamps from the Technique Tuesday blog hop! can you email me at ljmr929@aol.com with your address to send the stamps?