Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Fun!


In case I haven't mentioned this on the blog before, I am doing Becky Higgins' Project Life. I started in January and have kept up-to-date and current with it and am very proud of myself! In addition to the regular photos I decided to add in an extra 8.5x11 layout for special occasions and other events when I have a lot of photos to scrap. I am also adding in extra memoribilia in the 8.5x11 page protectors. Other than that, I am doing Project Life (PL) really straight forward. I've seen others who are not using the products that came with it or really getting fancy, but I am just sticking to the basics. The point of getting it in the first place was to make it easy for me to keep up with documenting everyday life for our family.

This layout was done on the front and back side of an 8.5x11 pice of kraft cardstock. At the bottom of the first page I stamped the word "together" but the ink was too light and it doesn't really show up in the picture. Also, I had to re-stamp "real life" and it wasn't lined up good so it looks kinda crappy, but that's OK because I'm not perfect! The borders are up on foam adhesive.

The pictures are so funny! It was my middle daughter I's birthday, but my youngest daugher S blew out her candles without permission! The photo caught S getting ready to blow and you can see I looking at her like "she isn't about to do what I think she is, is she?". The photo on the right is my husband sticking his fishy smelling hands in her face. She hates fish and fishy smells so the look of revulsion on her face is priceless.



With this second page I just cut strips of patterned paper for above and below the photos. I also fussy cut this sentiment out of the patterned paper from Echo Park's Little Girl collection and put it up on foam adhesive.

The photos here are also funny. In the left photo S was jokingly going to "hit" I and this photo caught it all in a hilarious way. On the right, I is checking on her birthday dinner. We had ravioli, which was her choice.

Here are the products I used: cardstock - Archiver's; patterned paper - Echo Park; cardstock borders - Martha Stewart Crafts; chipboard letters - Cosmo Cricket; stamps - Technique Tuesday; ink - Tsukineko and Close To My Heart.

I have plans for a card for my Grandma next so stay tuned!!

~Melissa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: